A Gartner report shows that 70% of new business applications will be built on low-code technology by 2025. With so many development tools out there, choosing the right low-code platform to meet your organization's needs is a critical affair. Therefore, we have presented three effective but affordable low-code platforms to help you build and deploy your ideas lightning fast.
Top 3 Low-Code Platforms You Should Try
Microsoft Power Apps is a low-code application development tool within the larger Power Platform that enables developers to create simple end-to-end applications for businesses of all sizes. Its pre-built app templates allow you to build apps quickly while renovating your processes to increase business agility.
- Connects to multiple data sources with 500+ pre-built connectors for major business apps that you can use for importing data, all built on the Azure foundation
- The platform allows the development of fully operational offline apps for hybrid and native apps.
- An intelligent automation feature generates recommendations for automated processes based on modern and legacy desktop features
- It's a very scalable platform
- Power Apps has strong data governance features
- The prices stack up pretty fast with every additional feature
- Limited functionality as only internal staff can use it because it requires Active Directory access
PowerApps pricing starts at $5/user/app/month.
Appian helps businesses automate their complex business processes through a unified design experience courtesy of SAIL -their patented low-code system. Appian has an outstanding data management interface. It uses Data Fabric to simplify data access and enable self-service data consumption.
- It has a data discovery tool that allows end-to-end process optimization
- Its automation feature enables users to manage repetitive tasks on a large scale
- Data fabric gives users a comprehensive view by integrating data across disparate systems
- This platform is one of the most secure low-code platforms in the market
- It supports various APIs and data sources
- Its notification and comments features improve team harmony
- Appian has a steep learning curve that requires a lot of training before users can start using it
- The platform’s unpredictable development time can take anywhere from 2 to 8 months
Appian pricing plans start at $2 per user billed per month. A free trial plan is available.
Mendix is a Windows-based, model-driven platform that facilitates quick development and deployment of apps.
- Portfolio management helps enterprises maximize value, mitigate risk, and align their business and IT goals
- Mendix empowers users to develop mobile apps regardless of their operating system or device
- Web and native app development allows one to create feature-rich functional applications from any device
- AI/ML-assisted development increases the efficiency of building apps
- Mendix has in-built project management features
- One of the platforms out there that allows for agile development
- The open platform supports customized solutions
- Mendix may be too complicated for non-technical users to use.
- The platform doesn’t support one-click deployment; hence, developers must manage deployments manually.
Pricing starts from $60 per month but they have a free trial plan.
The best low-code platforms can save you significant amounts of time and money in development projects. When choosing a low-code platform, ensure it aligns with your organization's strategy. The three platforms highlighted above are a good starting point for scaling your app development.